- Open – Everyone is Welcome. The group has voted to allow all comers to attend the meeting.
- Closed – The group has voted sharing is limited to Heroin Addicts only.
- Big Book – The book Alcoholic Anonymous (the Big Book which we use as our basic text in HA) is the text for these meetings. When the focus is on a specific text, usually the group supplies copies of the book for attendees.
- Discussion – A chairperson is designated for a meeting; the chairperson speaks briefly and usually introduces a topic for sharing by other attendees.
- Speaker/Discussion – Initial speakers kick off the group’s discussion of matters brought up by the speakers.
- Speaker – Speaker shares their experience, strength and hope of the majority of the meeting.
- As Bill Sees it – This meeting uses the As Bill See’s It book from AA to for discussion and is typically a ticket meeting.